What is the GamePlan?
- A laminated, spiral-bound, booklet that acts as a guide, reference, and tool for supporting lactation immediately after birth
- GamePlan is an evidence-based and fully-referenced resource, with a full glossary and references listed within the booklet itself, for easy and quick access.
How Does the GamePlan work?
- This tool is divided into pages where each page addresses on baby’s first 24 hours of life up to 6 days of life and beyond a different age/stage of baby life in that first week
- Each page has charted columns listing:
- baby’s expected physiology/behaviour for that age/stage
- the explanation for that physiology/behaviour
- how to best support and protect the breastfeeding during that stage, and
- how to best treat/deal with any feeding/hydration/weight/metabolic issues that may arise
When and Where is the GamePlan Best Used?
- The GamePlan may be used for a baby at home in the midwife’s care, in hospital on the post partum floor, in paediatrics for a re-admission, and in the NICU for a baby at term or near term.
Who can use the GamePlan?
- Doctors, Midwives, Nurses, Lactation consultants, Doulas, Parents, or anyone giving support to the mother and baby in the first week of life.
- It is narrow enough to fit comfortably in a lab-coat pocket
- It is laminated with rounded corners, and very easy to wipe clean